Author: Joshua Freeman
- adult Bible classes
- small-group studies
- 13 lessons with questions
**If you are a member of the Books4Life Club, be sure to take advantage of your 25% discount (no minimum order required).**
- Is the God of the Old Testament different from the God of the New?
- Does God change in his nature or attitude towards us?
- Did he create sin?
- What does God think of me?
- If God is good, why do we suffer?
- Why does it feel like he is against me?
The Pursuit is an exciting exploration of the God who passionately pursues humanity—the crown of his creation. In a world that believes God is the enemy, that he desires only to afflict us with hardship unless we abide by impossible standards and unfair rules, this book paints a more accurate picture of who God is and what his plan is for us.
The book offers a brief, 13-lesson overview of the pursuing God. Using various biblical texts, it will acquaint the reader with an overall picture of God. It demonstrates a God who desperately seeks out his prized creation to provide us with a way back into his family. As God pursues us, even to the extent of living among us as one of us and paying for our mistakes, he demonstrates how we can pursue him. If we pursue the God who pursues us, we will be restored to our rightful place in God’s family. This overview will prepare the reader to understand God’s love and plan as demonstrated in his pursuit of creation and will challenge the individual to commit to pursuing God in return. This same reader will also be prepared to guide others through an evangelistic 8-lesson study also found within the book.
- The Pursuit is designed to be digested and then shared with others. While the book is intended to provide a wider scope of understanding, it can also be used as a class or small group course. The additional Scriptures, stories, and questions make it great for a group study.
- Appendix A provides helpful study tips and an outline of the discipleship study for those just beginning their journey in search of God. This section offers some introductory advice and an outline for the disciple to consider before beginning the study with a student.
- Appendix B is a study that either seekers or new Christians can participate in. It is a study that can be self-guided or group-oriented. This book will provide insight, depth, and breadth to self-guided students, Christians who don’t know where to begin studying with someone looking for God, or mature Christians who just want to try a new approach.
God loves you more than you could ever imagine, and he stops at nothing to remove the barriers between him and you.
About the Author: Joshua Freeman is as the Pulpit Minister for the Lakewood Church of Christ in Baytown, Texas. He is a graduate of Harding University and Liberty Universty. He is a licensed counselor, police chaplain, and speaks at seminars and lectureships around the United States and Canada. As the son of a church planter, Joshua is well versed in both evangelism and discipleship matters. He and his wife, Caitlin, have two daughters.