- Is there something LACKING in your church’s Bible classes?
- Are they as ENGAGING or CONVICTING as they should be?
- Do you STRUGGLE to find people WILLING to teach?
- Would they be WILLING to teach if only they felt EQUIPPED?
TEACHING ROCKET is a teachers’ training seminar for the local church designed to educate, equip, and empower Bible class teachers of all ages. It has been said, “As the Bible Class goes, so goes the church.” Whether it’s doctrinal instruction, everyday life skills, or interpersonal connection and fellowship, a vibrant education program is vital to a vibrant church. Yet most churches provide little or no training for their teachers.
From Start2Finish the Teaching Rocket seminar was both educational and entertaining. Michael displayed a deep knowledge of the process of preparation and presentation in the Bible class. He skillfully injected his deep insights into the process with engaging and entertaining anecdotes. As one who has been preaching for three decades, I appreciated very much his balanced and biblical approach.”
— John McMath, Decatur Highway Church of Christ
TEACHING ROCKET provides training across five areas (see below). The seminar can be held on a Friday pm/Saturday am, Saturday only, or on Sunday between morning and evening worship. The total run-time of the seminar is about 5 hours.
As an educator and curriculum developer for my local school district, I was pleasantly surprised with the professional quality of the Teaching Rocket seminar. I found the Teaching Rocket seminar engaging because it emphasized the importance of intentional planning, and the development of bible classes with clear objectives to help all of us ‘think about the bible,’ ‘learn about the bible,’ and ‘live out the bible in our everyday lives.'”
— Angela McMath, Gardendale, AL
- Session 1: The Goals of an Education Program. What exactly are we seeking to accomplish when we come together to study the Bible? This session explores the goals of a successful Bible class program—they might not be what you think!
- Session 2: Preparing & Delivering a Lesson. This session explores a step-by-step process of developing a lesson and tips for delivering the lesson in a classroom setting.
- Session 3: Keys to Better Bible Study. Knowing how to study the Bible properly is essential to being a dynamic Bible teacher. This section discusses six Bible study habits that are guaranteed to generate material for your lesson.
- Session 4: Classroom Dynamics. How does a teacher connect with students on an emotional and spiritual level? How can I come up with great discussion questions that reinforce the lesson? How do I handle the person who seems to always dominate the conversation? This session answers those questions and more.
- Session 5: The Teacher’s Spiritual Life. It’s important that teachers keep themselves spiritually fit in order to maximize their effectiveness over the long haul. Focusing on James 3:1, this session discusses the steps necessary for a teacher to maintain his or her spiritual integrity instead of falling victim to Satan’s schemes.
Teaching Rocket is an excellent short course. I’ve been a teacher for 46 years. I even taught teaching and learning theory, but as I suspected, there are special nuances to teaching the Bible. The old dog learned new tricks.”
— Kathleen Whitson, Ph.D.
Watch the First Session
What a fantastic job Michael Whitworth did today at our Teaching Rocket. The members here could not stop saying enough good about it! I have been humbled in many ways and am excited to teach and preach using these principles and reminders!”
— Jesse Nelsen, Lenoir City Church of Christ
2017 AVAILABLE DATES:
- Apr. 30 | **SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- May 19-21 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- June 9-11 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- June 23-25| **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- June 30-July 2 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- July 7-9 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- July 14-16 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- July 21-23 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- July 28-30 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- Aug. 13 | **SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- Sept. 8-9| **FRI/SAT AVAILABLE**
- Sept. 15-17 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- Oct. 8 | **SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- Nov. 5 |**SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- Nov. 10-12 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- Nov. 17-19 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- Dec. 1-3 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
- Dec. 8-10 | **WEEKEND AVAILABLE**
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Michael Whitworth has over 12 years of experience as a pulpit and education minister; he is currently the president of Start2Finish and author of several commentaries and Bible studies. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, drinking coffee, watching sports, and spending time with his awesome family and furry golden retriever.