2nd TEACHING ROCKET WEBINAR
April 30, May 1, and May 3 (7:30-8:30 pm central time)
Learn more about Teaching Rocket by attending our webinar. Cost is only $29.99. If you miss a night or two of the webinar, don’t worry—the videos will be archived for later viewing!
Sign-up here: https://signupforms.com/registrations/13975
2018 AVAILABLE DATES:
- June 2 | **SATURDAY AVAILABLE**
- June 16-17 | **SAT or SUN AVAILABLE**
- June 23 | **SATURDAY AVAILABLE**
- June 30-July 1 | **SAT or SUN AVAILABLE**
- July 29 | **SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- Sept 8 | **SATURDAY AVAILABLE**
- Oct 28 | **SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- Nov 4 | **SUNDAY AVAILABLE**
- Nov 10 | **SATURDAY AVAILABLE**
- Nov 17 | **SATURDAY AVAILABLE**
- Is there something LACKING in your church’s Bible classes?
- Are they as ENGAGING or CONVICTING as they should be?
- Do you STRUGGLE to find people WILLING to teach?
- Would they be WILLING to teach if only they felt EQUIPPED?
TEACHING ROCKET is a teachers’ training seminar for the local church designed to educate, equip, and empower Bible class teachers of all ages. It has been said, “As the Bible Class goes, so goes the church.” Whether it’s doctrinal instruction, everyday life skills, or interpersonal connection and fellowship, a vibrant education program is vital to a vibrant church. Yet most churches provide little or no training for their teachers.
TEACHING ROCKET provides training across five areas (see below). The seminar can be held on a Friday pm/Saturday am, Saturday only, or on Sunday between morning and evening worship. The total run-time of the seminar is about 5 hours.
- Session 1: The Goals of an Education Program. What exactly are we seeking to accomplish when we come together to study the Bible? This session explores the goals of a successful Bible class program—they might not be what you think!
- Session 2: Preparing & Delivering a Lesson. This session explores a step-by-step process of developing a lesson and tips for delivering the lesson in a classroom setting.
- Session 3: Keys to Better Bible Study. Knowing how to study the Bible properly is essential to being a dynamic Bible teacher. This section discusses six Bible study habits that are guaranteed to generate material for your lesson.
- Session 4: Classroom Dynamics. How does a teacher connect with students on an emotional and spiritual level? How can I come up with great discussion questions that reinforce the lesson? How do I handle the person who seems to always dominate the conversation? This session answers those questions and more.
- Session 5: The Teacher’s Spiritual Life. It’s important that teachers keep themselves spiritually fit in order to maximize their effectiveness over the long haul. Focusing on James 3:1, this session discusses the steps necessary for a teacher to maintain his or her spiritual integrity instead of falling victim to Satan’s schemes.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Michael Whitworth has over 12 years of experience as a pulpit and education minister; he is currently the president of Start2Finish and author of several commentaries and Bible studies. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, drinking coffee, watching sports, and spending time with his awesome family and furry golden retriever.